Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
By: WILHELM, Kay
Download PowerPoint: Maintaining the balance (288,0 KB)
Maintaining Balance in Life
Kay Wilhem, Consultant Psychiatrist, developed a presentation on maintain balance in the medial world. Here are a few key points from the presentation:
- Keep a positive and optimistic attitude
- Maintain close friends and intimate relationship
- Enjoy leisure
- Participate in regular exercise
- Achieve job satisfaction
- Spend time “not doing”
- Be aware of what is happening in the present moment
- Express emotions
- Connect with your thoughts and feelings
- Be proactive
- Learn from experience
- Do things other than work**
- Learn to say “no” without feeling guilty**
- Ask for help if you need it
- Maintain healthy eating habits and get plenty of sleep
- Let go of negative comments**
Balance at Work and Home
These are the questions you should ask yourself in order to develop more balance at work and home:
- What would you do if you have more time?
- What do you want to change?
- What would you like it to be?
- What’s stopping you?
- Where can you start?
- What are the barriers?
- How can you reward yourself?
Investment Priorities for Ultimate Life Balance