The Taiwan medical woman association (TMWA) holds its annual congress every December. The latest one was in December, themed “Challenges and Chances for Medical women”, in which the council members and auditors were renewed and Prof. Chyong-Heuy Lai was elected as the new president (2020/12-2023/12).
Since July of 2019, the TMWA planned its regular Local Organizing Committee (LOC) meetings in preparation of holding the 2022 MWIA Congress. The COVID-19 pandemic has some influence but not so much as many of other countries in 2020, however, several association events for the members might be changed, especially from late April of 2021. Overall, it has been our priority to plan a successful triennial meeting for the MWIA Congress to be held in 2022 in Taiwan.
- Annual Meeting of the TMWA 2020: The meeting entitled “Challenges and Chances for Medical women” with two distinguished speakers
- Join the Iron Girl 2020: The Iron Girl 2020 was held in East Taiwan as an event of jogging. Our members joined as Contestant.
- Set up the scientific subcommittee of MWIA 2022: We officially set up the scientific subcommittee for MWIA 2022 and the first hybrid meeting was held in Jan 2021.
- The TMWA usually holds two excursions annually: spring and autumn. This year, the spring excursion was canceled due to pandemic situation. The autumn excursion will be planned in September when 30-40% of the population have been vaccinated, however it will be depending on the pandemic status in autumn.
- WHA and satellite symposium: Every year, the members of TMWA join MWIA attending the WHA in Geneva. Due to the pandemic status, we were not able to join it in person. Instead, we held an online satellite symposium to WHA
- Annual meeting for 2021: Will be held in December as usual.
- Keep on the progress of organizing MWIA 2022: For the 2022 MWIA Congress, it is designed as a hybrid meeting. The LOC is working hard to set up the website, draft the scientific program as well as the social activities, accommodation, and all the other issues. The latest LOC meeting was just held at Jun 26, 2021 in the form of Webinar.
- Additional activities: TMWA are planning several workshops for the members in Taiwan, including a “Working Slash”, “Mentorship” and so on……However, the holding of the events will be determined by the status of pandemic issue or turned to online format.
- This year, the Western Pacific Regional Conference 2021 will be held in Seoul, Korea and will go hybrid. The members of TMWA are encouraged to register and join the conference on-line.
- Additional two preparation meetings of the 2022 MWIA Congress (9th LOC and 10th LOC).
- Full plan for workshops
- Support 2021 Global Health Forum in October in Taiwan.
- Ongoing of promotion of 2022 MWIA Congress
- Annual conference of TMWA 2021 in December.