Meetings of Interest – Upcoming events
If you would like to organize a MWIA event or to have MWIA as co-organzier, please follow these instructions. All MWIA events will be advertised in this space.
Organizers of MWIA online events need to:
AMWA Addresses Physician Fertility and Hosts a Physician Fertility Summit
Date: June 12, 2021
Time: 1:00 – 4:30 pm EST
Studies in the U.S. indicate that as many as 1 in 4 women physicians will experience infertility, a higher incidence than in the general population which estimates about 1 in 10 women. In 2019, a call to action paper was published. This publication motivated AMWA’s interest and work in this area. They formed a committee on Physician Infertility which recruited over 150 members. We are now hosting the first ever Physician Fertility Summit in the U.S.
If this is an area of interest for your association, AMWA welcomes you to attend the Summit and to learn from our experts. We are also happy to share with you information to set up your own Summit.
Here is information about the Summit: https://www.amwa-doc.org/our-work/initiatives/physician-infertility/physician-fertility-summit/
MWIA members can get the AMWA member discount with this code: MWIA (regular) or MWIAtrainee (trainee).
Meetings of Interest – Past events
MWIA Work Life Balance Special Interest Group Webinar
Date: Saturday, 27 February, 2021
Time: Feb 27, 2021 11:00 Greenwich Mean Time
Theme: Achieving work life balance during the Covid-19 pandemic
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting
Moderators: Helen Goodyear and Yoshiko Maeda (CO-Chairs, MWIA Work Life Balance Special Interest Group)
- What is work life balance and why is it important- Dr Obianma Nneka Onya (Nigeria)
- Doctors wellbeing – Prof Bettina Pfleiderer (Germany)
- Burnout amongst women doctors – Prof Padmini Murthy (USA)
- Balancing employment and life – A/Prof Deb Colville (Australia)
- Achieving a balanced work life balance in the midst of COVID-19- Dr Clarissa Fabre (UK) Keynote speaker
- Virtual meeting fatigue – Dr Dabota Yvonne Buowari (Nigeria)
- Panel session with all speakers