Waltraud Diekhaus Fund
Dr. Waltraud Diekhaus (Germany)
MWIA Secretary General from 1998 – 2007
MWIA vice president Central Europe from 2007 – 2013
The Waltraud Diekhaus fund supports projects which increase knowledge of gender sensitive medicine including gender-based violence, support related research and advance inclusion in medical education and all aspects of medicine.
Criteria applying to fund:
- Applications can be submitted any time; projects which are related to regional or triennial congresses at least 9 months before the date of the congress.
- The fund will be awarded based on the strength of the proposal and submitted budget.
- Projects should benefit more than one association within MWIA and should provide some enduring content or programming.
- Outcome of funded awards/projects should be presented at the triennial MWIA Congress and will be presented on our webpage and our newsletters.
- Award and projects to be funded:
- Award of 500 CHF to support as start-up a project to advance gender medicine by a young medical doctor or medical student (age: less than 40 years) to be presented at the International MWIA meeting (once per triennium)
- Support financially a workshop or webinar on gender sensitive medicine and link this with regional MWIA meetings or the international congress as then all regions can participate.
- Award of 100 CHF for the best essay on a gender sensitive medicine related topic to be presented at the International MWIA meeting
- Award of 100 CHF for the best essay on a topic related to gender based violence to be presented at the International MWIA meeting
- In the case of a workshop or webinar being funded, a detailed draft budget should indicate the use of the funding with a maximum amount of 250 CHF that can be asked for. No funds should be used on travel, meals, or honoraria.
For questions, clarifications, submission of the form, please contact the EWL Secretariat through E-mail: secretariat(add)mwia(dot)net