Meetings of Interest
Events list - CSW65 2021
- CSW65 – 65th Commission on the Status of Women
March 15-26, 2021 at the UN New York Headquarters
- MWIA Parallel Event at CSW54 – Women Doctors: Champions of Global Equality
March 20, 11am UTC, virtual event.
65th Commission on the Status of Women
The 65th session of the Commission on the Status of Women was held from March 15-26, 2021.
Find out more here: https://www.unwomen.org/en/csw/csw65-2021
Read official documents for the event here: https://www.unwomen.org/en/csw/csw65-2021/official-documents
- Provisional agenda
- Proposed organisation of work
- NGO statements, including the MWIA Statement
- Priority theme: Women’s full and effective participation and decision-making in public life, as well as the elimination of violence, for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls;
- Review theme: Women’s empowerment and the link to sustainable development (agreed conclusions of the sixtieth session)
Women Doctors: Champions of Global Equality
On March 20th 2021, the Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA) hosted a virtual parallel event entitled “Women Doctors: Champions of Global Equity” to commemorate the 65th session of the CSW. The event was well received by the attendees. Speakers from the past and present MWIA executive committee as well as the MWIA NGO representative to the United Nations shared the work being done in their regions by women doctors in promoting health and well-being among the communities they serve as champions of equity.