The Young MWIA’s (yMWIA) is the Special Interest Group for Young Female Doctors and Medical Students. It is an opportunity for the younger members of the profession to meet and discuss issues relevant to their stage in their careers. yMWIA was founded at our Ghana congress in 2007, and was built on its predecessor, the Young Forum.
Membership is open to members of national associations and individual members under the age of 40.
The yMWIA Committee for 2019-22 are:
- Chair: Dr Geneviève Koolhaas (Netherlands)
- Co-Chair: Dr Sonia Adesara (UK)
- Secretary General: N.N.
- Public Relations Officer I: Dr Samia Osman (USA)
- Public Relations Officer II: Dr Adaobi Agbata (Nigeria)
- Immediate Past Chair: Dr Deborah Shin (Korea)
Sign up here
Join the conversation on Facebook
Photo by Mary Ellen Morrow Photography 2019
Courtesy of American Medical Women’s Association