1. The sexually-transmitted disease awareness talk for young mothers was given in August 2023. Two doctor volunteers shared on the topics of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), Contraception and Pregnancy, Cervical cancer screening and HPV vaccination, through interactive lectures and mini-games.
2. The HKWDA Charitable Foundation’s Charity Cantonese Opera Arias Concert was held on 26 August 2023. The purpose of this charity fundraising was to provide free health education and screening, disease prevention and referrals to access healthcare services. Our beneficiaries include 1000 women and children from low-income families, single parent families, and ethnic minorities.
3. Dr. Gilbert T. Chua, Specialist in Paediatric Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases was our guest speaker on 30 August 2023. The topic of his talk was “Infectious Diseases and Protection: From Infants to Adolescents”.
4. Dr. Louisa Cheuk-yu Lui, Specialist in Clinical Oncology, was our guest speaker on 5 September 2023. The topic of her talk was “Pain Management in Cancer Patients”.
5. HKWDA Youth Committee aims to provide a platform for communication between members of the HKWDA, junior female doctors and medical students. We recently kickstarted the annual Mentor Mentee Student Programme with a meet-up event in September, where mentees were able to meet with mentors of different specialties. Mentees were rewarded with meaningful discussions on top of the different experiences shared by the accomplished doctors.
6. The 17th Annual General Meeting of the Hong Kong Women Doctors Association will be held on 4 November 2023.